Saturday, September 15, 2012

Unplanned Bessings

The past 6-8 weeks I have been the subject of an intensive background check for a potential job. They have really been thorough and patient. I wasn't too stressed with them checking into my life, I really don't have anything to hide, but I was interested to know what they would learn and who they would call.

What I hadn't counted on was how it would rekindle wonderful friendships, warm my heart and make me incredibly grateful for all my friends. The investigator has called individuals I haven't seen years, and through those conversations with the investigator, I have then had the great opportunity of talking with my missed friends and co-workers.

I've loved hearing some of the responses of my friends, and I am so grateful to have such wonderfully silly people, loving and encouraging me. Jesse, you're weird, Annie, Ella, Liz and others... you rock my world!

Another incredible part was the fact that the investigator was a latter-day saint! It really made things much more personal and helpful; I could talk about my mission, conversion, and college so much more than I thought I could because she understands Mormon code, and those major parts of our lives!

It was kind of odd and awesome to feel the spirit when I was telling my life story to a background investigator! =)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Yay! I love you!

Lizzie said...

so cool, i enjoyed filling her in on all our mission antics (just kidding). But i did enjoy remenising and recounting the briliant person you are!

Lizzie said...

check out my amazing spelling above, would i get a job with that? ha

Jaggers Brain said...

Lizzie you are awesome! And your spelling is amazing!

PS, you totally should have told her our mission antics. She served a mission so I'm sure she'd love to here it... and I doubt it would be the weirdest thing she heard about me. =)

Unknown said...

This land is very beautiful i like this place very much.
http://www.travailadomicile-jm.com/