Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nosferatu!!!!!!!


So, Cherie told me about her schools production of Nosferatu, and last night I got the chance to see it with Erika, and my sister Kari... and oh my gosh it was the most amazing thing I have seen in years!!!!!!!!!!! It was a stage production and film production all in one. Amazing art!!!! So creative and eye opening...
It was like watching the making of a silent movie... and it was brilliant. You could see the actors on stage and up on the screen you could see them filmed, and all shots put together to make the movie... right there in front of you. I was speechless the whole time. It was so so so so so cool. Now I just need to see the original film!
Just thought I'd share my love of all things creative and new!!! I am sad it was only one night... they were preparing and rehearsing for a festival they are performing it in. Oh man... soooo good! I love theater and film!
Ha ha ha... on a side note I auditioned for the first time for a film/mini series last week. Cherie, Erika, and I auditioned... and well I was nervous, because I am never really acted in front of a camera before, and let me tell you it was different. And the girl I auditioned with was hilarious... but not in a good way.
Needless to say I didn't get a call back... but I wasn't really looking to do so. I just wanted the experience, and now I have much more respect for film actors. And I do think I'd like to learn more about that style of acting... but as of right now... I still prefer the stage!
That is the end of my randomness for now!!
Love Love Love!!!

No comments: