Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Music That Makes Me Smile




I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to listen to music while I work. Some songs just really hit me sometimes. This song was perfect to help me smile, even if situations aren't what I would like them to be.

Lyrics to 22 :
"When she was 22 the future looked bright
But she's nearly 30 now
and she's out every night

I see that look in her face
she's got that look in her eye
She's thinking how did I get here
and wondering why

It's sad but it's true how society says
Her life is already over
There's nothing to do
and there's nothing to say

Til the man of her dreams comes along
picks her up and puts her over his shoulder
It seems so unlikely in this day and age

She's got an alright job
but it's not a career
Wherever she thinks about it,
it brings her to tears

Cause all she wants is a boyfriend
She gets one-night stands
She's thinking how did I get here
I'm doing all that I can

It's sad but it's true how society says
Her life is already over
There's nothing to do
and there's nothing to say

Til the man of her dreams comes along
picks her up and puts her over his shoulder
It seems so unlikely in this day and age"


Thank goodness for funny creative people!

Gotta love sassy sarcastic lyrics. I do wonder why I feel like I should EVERYTHING in order. I'm only 27 (28 in 2 weeks), and at times I do feel like society tells me I'm over the hill. And personally I don't think I need a significant other to have a meaningful life. I can be by myself and not be lonely. I have wonderful friends and family, and can be successful as me without a partner, not to say I would drop a guy when he comes along. =)

I've enjoyed/ am enjoying the process of growing up (and at this point I finally feel like I'm kind of an adult!) I haven't learned/ or experienced everything yet, but I'm enjoying the ride.

I think everyone enjoys a bit of time in Neverneverland. (And we don't see any married people in Neverneverland do we? Wendy and Peter were only pretending!I've yet to see a legal marriage certificate there.)

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Loved this Sarah. It wasn't a real kiss either, hardly commited were they? 28 is a good age, one of my favs, enjoy it.

Liz said...

I LOVE YOU.

You have been/always are one of the most inspiring people I am blessed to have in my life.

K + J said...

I love you, you old spinster. What are you doing for your birthday this year?

Naomi said...

I agree with Liz-a-nator. In fact I want to be her buddy and live in the murder she wrote van.

Jaggers Brain said...

Naomi-28 is going to be a good year! And I can't wait til you and Liz meet one day. It will be love at first glance.

Liz... I love your face, and miss you!

Kathleeny- I'm going to see a production of Sweeney Todd with Ella. I'm excited!