Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Best Weekend Ever!

This weekend was amazing, and I don't know how to put it into words... really I am still in shock. You dream of something for 15 years, and then to actually see it happen... it takes some getting used to.





















(And I apologize that in all of these pictures I will look all red faced... I was bawling my eyes out the whole time. From the moment she put on the white jumpsuit, to the closing prayer!)

So Kari and I left Provo at about 5:30 PM on Thursday, and arrived in the Bay Area at 4AM on Friday morning. It is a long drive. Then Friday we just relaxed and enjoyed the 80 degree weather. (I forgot how much I love California weather!) And then I starting preparing the talk I was going to give on the gift of the Holy Ghost the next day AT MY MOM'S BAPTISM! As usual I stressed about it, and studied from too many sources. But is was so much fun to talk about/study the gospel with my Mom for a few hours. Then came the big day. Saturday was the day that we took my Dad out to dinner for his 50th birthday.



















I thought this was the coolest card ever! And I knew my Dad would love it. It's the biggest singing card I have ever seen. And so I stuck family pictures in the inside. And judging by his face he loved it too!

Well from dinner we had to run to the chapel to get Mom ready for her baptism. It really didn't sink in that this was all happening until I saw my Mom dressed in her white jumpsuit.

And of course I cried the whole way through. I couldn't even sing the opening song. And then came the moment when they opened the font doors and a huge flood of emotions and memories came swarming back to me. It was the same room where Kari and I were baptised. And now it was our Mom's turn.

Witnessing her baptism was one of the greatest moments of my life.




















And we won't even go into the talk. I am not sure what I said. I know it wasn't anything I planned or wrote down. And I was crying the whole way through, so I have no idea if anyone understood anything I said. Oh well. They said it was good, and they felt the Spirit. And really that is all that matters!

And this last picture is one of my favorites. This is my amazing family! We're one step closer to the temple! Now it's just Dad's turn!

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts in my Mom's behalf. She really felt strengthened and blessed every step of the way. The gospel is true! Christ lives! And families can and should be together forever! I love you all!

2 comments:

maynardmoments said...

Oh Sarah,
I am all blubbery and crying right along with you. What an amazing moment. I am soooooooo happy for you and your family. The Gospel is so amazing. Hugs!
Becky

Liz said...

YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family and your mom! The Church is so true! I...I think I'm kind of in shock too. I can't get it to sink in that your Mom got baptized. For real. That's so great. And surreal. I love you.