Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All You Need Is Love

So this past weekend was another fantastic one! Although hectic, it was so worth it. Friday I got off work and then drove to Salt Lake to hang out with the Thorsons (Jesse, Kathleen, Tara, and Dad) and we went out to eat. We had a total meat fest. Eating so much meat, that even now I do not need it! Then we went to the movies and watched "17 Again" which I would recommend for everyone! I know... I didn't' want to like it, but ended up loving it.

Then Saturday Cherie and I ran a 5k for victims of abuse. Neither of us were prepared or well trained, so we tried to whine to each other to get out of it... but in the end we decided to go... which I'm proud of. I ended up running it in a little over 38 minutes. That isn't a fantastic time, but I was very proud, it's the best I have ever done. And to treat ourselves for running, even when we really didn't want to, we took ourselves out to IHOP. Yummy. Then I had to work.

And then came Sunday! Such a fantastic day. Shanelle and I woke up early and drove to Salt Lake City to watch "Music and the Spoken Word" in the tabernacle. We were going to meet the Thorsons there, however they slept in, so it was just Shanelle and I. But oh my goodness it was worth getting up early. I was so emotional and so full of the Spirit. It was something so amazing. Words cannot describe. And then the Thorsons met us at the visitors center, and Dad Thorson treated us to breakfast, and then the random day commenced. And here is picture documentation of the events.


One of the highlights of the visitors center is the Christus statue. I can see it all the time and I am still in awe of the power of it. It's quite humbling. Love it!


Okay so these pictures are in no particular order, so at this point we were playing in the airport, and Jesse and Kathleen were just about to say goodbye to Shanelle, so we were getting sad, and Jesse decided to soothe Shanelle with his voice and sounds. =D


I was playing around with the camera and trying to get cool pictures of flowers and the temple. We all wanted to look at the pretty flowers, and this is one of my favorite pictures I took of the flowers.


More playing around with the flowers, and getting cute pictures of Jesse and Kathleen. I have to say I think they turned out well.



Oh, grandpa decided to join us in the airport, and then tried to get away from us.

The moment Jesse and Shanelle saw this statue they decided they needed to mimic it. Kathleen and I were laughing very hard!


Shanelle had never tried a slurpee before, and as soon as Jesse heard that we ended up at a 7-11. The short of it... slurpee's are good, especially the mutant berry kind.
This weekend just showed me how lucky I am to have my friends. They truly complete me, and I can get through anything with wonderful people like this. I just have a full heart when I think of all the wonderful friends I have. I don't get why I am so lucky to have such blessings!
Sorry for all the cheesiness, but I just want all my friends to know that even if we are far away from one another, I am always thinking of you and thanking the Lord for letting me have such awesome friends!




2 comments:

Liz said...

Amen amen amen! To whine for a small moment: Annie has been gone for all of 48 hours and I'm just about dying of loneliness. Jordan leaves tomorrow and then I'm REALLY abandoned. It will turn out all right, I know it will...it always does. But I'll be wearing black and sleeping a lot for a week or two. I'm so glad, though, to HAVE friends that are wonderful enough that when they leave for a little while, I really feel it. Not everyone is blessed with friendships like these. We're sure lucky!

Jaggers Brain said...

Liz! I'm so sorry that you are alone! I wish I were closer to you! I am going a bit stir crazy of Provo... and I need some change. If only either of us had a car, then we could lessen our lonliness! But we truly are blessed!

Love you!