Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This Months Readins!




Okay, so I've been really enjoying the Chronicles of Narnia. I just finished "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," as well as "The Horse and His Boy". Both are fantastic. And I can't wait to read Prince Caspian, and the others of the series. I just have to find them. I bought the first three books of the series at a used book store in California. I will be back there in a few weeks, and will need to pick up the others in the series.




With those finished, and waiting for the next in the series I have started a few books, not knowing which one I would like more. I am two chapters into "The Almost Moon" by Alice Sebold, and one chapter into "The History of Joseph Smith" by His Mother, Lucy Mack Smith. I really know I am going to like the book on Joseph Smith, but I know it will take me a while to read it. I don't imagine it is one I can rush through, and I don't think I'd like to do that.




Now as for "The Almost Moon, " to be honest I find it quite disturbing, and I'm not sure I will like it, but I feel compelled to read on. So we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Have you read Sebold's "The Lovely Bones"? I don't remember if I already asked you that. It's brilliant, although, like you say...a little disturbing. Alice Sebold suffered a pretty traumatic rape experience as a teen, and part of her writing is her own therapeutic working through those issues. Which I have mixed feelings on. But I think she's a brilliant writer.

Jaggers Brain said...

Oh man I have read "The Lovely Bones" and it's brilliant and yet so hard to read.

I had no idea about her personal experience. Wow... well this one will probably be much of the same. I do enjoy the way she writes... it draws you right in, and you just keep reading, whether you want to or not!