Thursday, July 19, 2012

c'est incroyable

Last night my friend Missy kidnapped me and my sister Kari and took us to see an amazing movie. The Intouchables is a French film with English subtitles, and it truly is amazing.


IMDB gave this description of it: After he becomes a quadriplegic from a paragliding accident, an aristocrat hires a young man from the projects to be his caretaker.

Honestly it is just so much more than that. The relationship between Philippe and Driss is just so wonderful and so moving. I love the journey of the characters and the impact two human beings can have with one another.

The film is funny, witty, moving, touching, and so many other descriptions. It was a great depiction of an honest friendship.


"For some reason, movies have a hard time with friendship. Romantic relationships are no problem; in fact you could argue that is cinema's favorite subject. But friendship is always mishandled.

Leave it to the French to make the best effort in a long time with the delightful film The Intouchables."(
Matt DeKinder of Suburban Journals review of The Intouchables.)

I normally don't like movies with subtitles, because watching becomes too much of a chore, but this movie made me forget it was in French... it was just wonderful. So if it is playing anywhere near you GO SEE IT!!! You won't regret it!


4 comments:

A said...

I can't wait to see this film. I've heard about it and seen the trailer. It was hugely popular in France.

Jaggers Brain said...

I know you will love it. I understood a tiny amount of the French and I enjoyed it. I can't imagine how much more someone who understood the language completely would enjoy it.

The subtitles are very helpful but the translation isn't always the best I am sure.

PS there is quite a bit of swearing!

Fitz said...

I am intrigued. I may have to wait to rent it though. :)

Jaggers Brain said...

Ella you would love it! If you came to Concord I would take you to see it, but if not... you will HAVE to rent it when it is available!