Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Color Run Fun!!!

This past weekend I had the joy of participating in the San Francisco Color Run. It was such a blast. I ran/walked it with my friend Rosemary. Honestly I don't know when the last time was that I had so much fun while working out!


You could tell from when we first arrived that this was going to be a great crowd and a great time. There were people of every age in all sorts of costumes ready to play. I don't call it a race simply because it wasn't. The course wasn't timed, and there weren't any awards for those who finished the fastest.


They let us go in giant groups about every 2 minutes. That being said there were still masses of bodies on the course. Rosemary and I got so excited when we turned a corner and saw the first chalk site. The cloud of color looked like it was out of some kind of war movie.


But then before we knew it we were through our first chalk zone and close to the next. We were both a little sad by how clean and white our clothes still were. There wasn't enough color on us, so we decided to get even closer to the color volunteers so hopefully we would get some good color.

Well be careful what you wish for. I was just turning to Rosemary to wish her luck getting yellow when a volunteer doused me in yellow. Rosemary got the perfect action shot. He got the chalk all down my right side... in my ear, on both sides of my glasses, in my hair, down my shirt... and other places I didn't notice till the shower.

I thought I had been hit with a bomb for a second. I couldn't hear out of my left ear, everything sounded all tunnely. I couldn't see out of my right eye (chalk on the sunglasses) and I looked a mess!

It was awesome! (The volunteer said I was perfectly jaundicey)


We then took a moment to clear our glasses, laugh at one another and take off for the water station.

From then on out we were like kids being released into a McDonalds play gym!


The orange station was the last one before the finish line dance/chalk party. We decided to pause and take a picture.


We looked like a right mess, but we enjoyed every second of it!



As I write this I have two swollen ankles, and random sunburns all over my face, arms, and legs. I would do the color run again in a heartbeat! (There is one in Sacramento in September and I am seriously thinking about doing it. Anyone care to join me?)

1 comment:

Fitz said...

That sounds like so much fun! Maybe. . . I might be willing to join you. . . Just sayin' :)