Monday, March 30, 2009

What is a Sister to do?


So... I have a few ideas and questions tumbling around in my head right now, and I'm not too sure what is right to do...


The basic back story is simple: My little sister moved in with me from California back around Christmas time. Now since then she has been searching the web and scouring the town for a job... any kind of job. She really is trying hard... the problem is.. she is very shy... and not as proactive or agressive as I am in searching for a job. So now it has been over three months, and I am the only source of income. It is draining and stressful, and I am at my wits end as to what to do. I can't continue to afford this and still maintain good credit.


The only problem is I cannot give her advice... she get's mad and shuts off. So I don't know how or what to do.... I need any ideas or help!

4 comments:

missykroll said...

Send her to Texas to be my Nanny and she'll meet a hot cowboy, marry him and have lots of babies. Well, thats how it would work out in MY head.
No realistic ideas to work out in Utah, the job market is soo saturated with starving students willing to work for nothing, can she do some volunteer work for a while to beef up her resume'?

Jaggers Brain said...

I guess she could try... but honestly... she doesn't have the money not to work. As for the Nannying thing... if you're serious i know she would love that!

PS we are saving up to come and visit you.

Jaggers Brain said...

And what is your blog address? I would like to read it!

Camilla Cole said...

This is such a touchy situation! I remember traveling for entire day (a really nightmarish situation in some ways, let's not talk about it) with your sweet sister- she really was such a kind person, such a gem of a girl. I'm assuming she's applied at all the temp agencies? And what about the provident living website, has she checked that at all? Oh dear, good luck!