Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why do I need to be an adult!



Just when you think life is great... it goes and smacks you in the face! Sometimes I wish I were a kid again and didn't have to think about money problems. I really don't feel like venting, but I don't like having all this anxiety built up in me. I know this will sort itself out, I just need to be better at budgeting. I just can't believe it's $420 bucks to register my bike! I really wish money could grow on trees. Just enough to help me pay all my bills!

Luckily I know the Lord is here, for all my trivial problems, and to help guide me in the right direction. I love how the scriptures are truly a communication tool. I was reading in Mosiah the other night... and came across one of my old favorites. I hit me for the first time when I was reading and praying over an investigator... but it seems to have helped me continually.

Mosiah 24
"13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."

No comments: