Friday, November 5, 2010

Birthdays in England!

This year all of our birthday's will be spent somewhere in Europe or the UK. I originally chose Scotland, but that didn't work out, so I thought London would be a fun place to experience.

So we decided to go to the London Dungeons (it's close to Halloween so it was perfect.) Even before we paid for our tickets I was singled out. A zombie midget decided I need to get my head cut off. Apparently I was too cheeky.

Honestly it was a lot of fun, and a loads of laughs. A great start of the day.









After losing my head we decided to get our tickets and wait in the queue. We were all getting really excited and scared. It had been awhile since any of us had been to a haunted house. And this one is a historical haunted house. (So cool.)





Wow... it was way scarier than I thought it was going to be. But it was awesome. I was picked on to be the leader of our group. My new name is Brownlow. My favorite part of being Brownlow was when a little girl turned to me and said (in the cutest little proper British/English accent.) "You're our leader." It melted my heart.

All in all an awesome scary start to the day. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Even as I was screaming.





It was then time for lunch. "Yo Sushi" was our destination! It was my first experience with conveyor belt sushi choices. It was an adventure, and so yummy! Annie was the sushi master!





After our yummy lunch we were off again. I quickly stole a picture of Annie and Kathleen on the car next to mine. Our travels that day were spent mostly on the tube or "chube" as the locals called it. =)



Our next destination was Covent Gardens to do a bit of sight seeing and shopping. I got a few scarfs and a cool book for Cherie that she had been looking for. It was in this awesome little Puppet Theatre book shop.





I also bumped into my future husband. Isn't he so dreamy! It was love at first sight.



We then decided to head towards Kensington Gardens, by way of Hyde Chapel, I really wanted to see that church building for some reason.

But we finally made it to Kensington Gardens to see the Peter Pan statue. I love that book/play/film. I loved that park. All except for the crazy old English lady who was feeding the ducks and swearing at them at the same time. It was funny, and yet really hard not to laugh at her.





We then headed towards St. Pauls Cathedral to head to "Paul" a restaurant that Allison, Jesse, and Kathleen have raved about. Sadly it was closed. (What places close at 7 on Saturday nights?) So we then decided to head towards are final train station and find something to eat by there.



We ate at Pizza Express, and in all honesty it was amazing. I was expecting something similar to Pizza Hut, but it was incredible. I got a pizza with a salad in the middle of it. It was genius!

On a side note, I really love this picture of everyone. How lucky am I to be loved by these people, and get to adventure with them!?!?!?!?!?



Kathleen and Jesse got some really good hot chocolate with their desserts. (Just wanted to put in this cute picture of the two of them.)



No fun Jesse (this facial expression) decided to eat his ice cream. Which was good from what I heard.



I of course got chocolate cake with vanilla gelato. It really was heaven (though not nearly as good as the cake Annie made me later on in the week.)



I ate the whole thing! yum!!!!



That was the end of our daytrip to London. It was incredible, and we fit quite a lot into one day. It looks like I tired them all out!



It really was one of the best birthdays to date. A day as random as I am.

They say you are as old as you feel. Then I would say I just celebrated my 10th birthday. I still am such a kid at heart! Can't wait to see what the next year holds.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

happy happy birthday Sarah dear!!! I'm glad you got to have such a great adventure for your birthday!!! Hooray!!

maynardmoments said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a cool day, what an adventure.