Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 4-5ish (to the end of January)

Alright, so I haven't been so good at the posting, but I have been good at the picture taking!  So here is all that is happened... up until today. =)
 
 
Day 21: Tuesday January 21st, 2014- I had a horrific migraine, and started my day hugging the toilet, but to make me feel better and to get out of the house, my friend Erika and I went out to dinner and then walked around downtown Walnut Creek.  I tried to get a good picture of us next to the creepy head water feature thing... well.. as you can see... I'm not to good at guessing what is in the background...I almost missed the creepy head water feature. (It's the yellow thing in the background.)

 
 Day 22: Wednesday January 22nd, 2014- We won the ultimate coffee break from the radio station 92.1 KKDV. They had coffee from Starbucks (not to exciting for me), and mini bundt-inis WHICH WERE AMAZING.  So happy Wednesday for all of us at work!
 
 
Day 23: Thursday January 23rd, 2014- I had to leave work due to wonky bowels and extreme queasiness... and laid down for a good nap.  Then my roommate (who was also not feeling well) and I decided that if we weren't feeling well we might as well do it at the movie theater, so we went and saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and it was wonderful. I would recommend it to everyone; although I wouldn't recommend seeing a movie when you aren't feeling well, there were a few trips to the bathroom... =(
 

 
 
Day 24: Friday January 24th, 2014- I had the opportunity to spend time with two of my most favorite people (Aubrey and Lisa Harris), and we went and ate yummy Italian food.  I loved the butternut squash ravioli!
 


Day 25: Saturday January 25th, 2014- I got my very first pedicure ever! It was a really fun, and I had a really funny and sassy lady who worked on my feet and made fun of my hairy legs. (I forgot to shave)  It was a really fun experience and it was a great mixing of friends!


 
Day 26: Sunday January 26th, 2014- At church we learned of a ward challenge, that we read the Book of Mormon together over the next few months. I am excited because it will give me an extra push to improve on my scripture studies.  I just hope I can keep up!
 

 
Day 27: Monday January 27th, 2014- Day on the move; all over the place and seeing all sorts of people. I was good and went to the gym and had lunch with friends, then went to the movies, and dinner, and then went to one of my favorite places ever... Half Price Books.  And I took this awesome picture of the book man/crow thing. I think it is awesome every time I see it.  Had to document it!
 
 
 
Day 28: Tuesday January 28th, 2014- Aubrey and I goofed off at Pier 1 tonight and I just had to investigate this magnifying glass... owl.  I mean how cool is that.  And it was cool, until I actually looked through it and it gave me a headache.  Each side was a different magnification.  But it made for a very silly picture.
 
 
Day 29: Wednesday January 29th, 2014- Lazy day after the gym... I was too tired to even make a real dinner, so it was pears & cheese, and apples & peanut butter.  Yum!  I think it is just that I have been eating out too much and have had too much rich food. Whatever it was the fruit was perfect, and I loved it!
 
 
Day 30: Thursday January 30th , 2014- I had was a really hard and crappy day at work, so I had to get a giant piece of chocolate cake to make me feel better, so I did, and it did!
 
 
Day 31: Friday January 31st, 2014- Last day of the month and I completed my first month challenge! 31 days and 31 miles! It is so great to be back in the habit of going to the gym at least 3 days a week.  I haven't seen any changes on the scale (mostly because I haven't changed my diet) but I am feeling stronger and happier.  Now to get excited about February's challenge!
 
 

 January was a great adventure, can't wait to see what February holds!

 

No comments: