Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Go to Hale

Woohoo!!! I did a 5k this weekend with Cherie and it was called "When Hale freezes over" and all the money went to the Hale Center Theatre. It was so much fun! But it literally was freezing!

Here are a few before shots, where we were both ice cubes!



Now the race was awesome! I actually jogged the whole first half, which was unheard of for me before! Now my goal was to get in under 40 minutes and to not come in after Cherie's dad who was running the 10k. Both of my goals were accomplished!

I was worried cuz the 10K runners started ten minutes before us... so I thought for sure her Dad would beat me... but I came in at 38 minutes and 12 seconds! And he came in about 4 minutes after me!

I think I have the running bug again! I love it... although I need to get new running shoes.

And here are the after pictures... don't really notice much of a difference, but that's because this is after the race and after lunch! So we're doing great!

I was lucky enough to get a massage after the race, so that felt good too!

Oh and I am still going strong on my weight loss goal! 25 lbs to go!


2 comments:

maynardmoments said...

That reminded me of the 5K we did at BYU-I. Good times! Congrats on meeting your time goal. You look great!

Jaggers Brain said...

I frequently think of our midnight 5k! I want to do one like that again!

Actually I'm signing up for a 10k in May... gulp!