Saturday, January 21, 2012

Life a la Julia Child

I just finished "My Life In France" by Julia Child, and I have to say that I fell in love with her and her enchanted life. And as I read it I realized that I knew people just as enchanting and full of life. And it made me think of my year in England.

Jesse and Kathleen have the same type of love and relationship that is described by Mrs. Child. Jesse supports Kathleen in all she does, and vice versa. Interestingly enough, Kathleen and Jesse have the same wedding date as the Child's, only 60 years later! And the similarities don't stop there. The more I read the more I appreciated the Thorsons in my life, and all that they are.




Then I realized that the relationship between Julia Child and Simone Beck is also very similar to the friendship of Kathleen and Annie. They are both fantastic cooks, and love to create things together. They have a wonderful relationship and build each other up.

I was the taste tester for their creations and it was a job I took very seriously! I loved it! But beyond food they truly are soul sisters, and I can't wait to see what they get into in the next 40 years. (I wonder if it will be their B&B.)




This book was just what I needed at this point in my life. I have been a little down and feeling a lonely, but this book reminded me of a dream year of my life, and the people that mean the world to me.



Julia Child was a go getter and a dreamer. She knew what she wanted and she worked for it; and inspired many along the way! Now I have to get over my fear of cooking and attempt some of her recipes.

* "Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" (Applying this to all aspects of my life.)

* "The pleasures of the table, and of life, are infinite - toujours bon appetit!"

5 comments:

Liz said...

This entry filled me with love for you and all the other wonderful people in my life! I have never before or since had a group of friends as dear as you guys were.

I'm also filled with hunger because of that entry, but I think I was feeling that before I read it...

Jaggers Brain said...

Liz... I don't know where your omment went, but I love you and agree that we are truly blessed with an incredible group of friends.

And anytime I think of the book I get hungry for all sorts of foods that I can't cook... yet!

K + J said...

Oh Sarey, thanks for this reminder. And thanks for the flattering comparison. I miss you and everything about last year. Isn't that a wonderful book? And doesn't it make you hungry???

Annie said...

You are so sweet, my Sarey! I'm honored to be Beck to K's Child. So glad you are planning to tackle some recipes. You can do it!

essi1356 said...

Love you guys :)