Sunday, January 29, 2012

One ForThe Money; Book vs. Film



Last night I had the opportunity to see the film version of "One For The Money". Now I had a lot of hope for the adaptation, wanting it to be as good as the books I love.

Sadly it didn't really get near the books. I don't understand why screenwriters ruin an already wonderful script in the way of the ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL. When in doubt use the book.

That being said, I enjoyed Katherine Heigl playing Stephanie Plum,Jason O'Mara playing Joe Morelli, and Sherrie Shepherd playing Lula. I was disappointed in Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur. Daniel Sunjata as Ranger grew on me. But the script made it really hard to take anything seriously.

That being said I will probably go and see the movie again. I'm not sure I can help it. I love the books, and I am hoping they do a sequel. I just want a bigger budget and a different screenwriter who has actually read the books.



*I'm such a nerd that I've read the books once a year. (And yes there are 18 books to date.)

No comments: