Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rock Climbing

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the day with my cousin Patrick and his daughter Abby. Now we let Abby decide what we did, and she wanted to try rock climbing. I thought it sounded like a fun adventure, so I agreed to tag along.



Now Pat and Abby were naturals, and really seemed to get the hang of it really well. There were 21 different spots that we could climb, and they really climbed a good number of them. And again... they made it look easy.



Now we were rock climbing for over 3 hours, and I was in no shape to go the whole time. I expected my arms to be sore, but I never really thought much about my hands and forearms. But holy crap they just gave out after about 2 hours. That is when I decided to become the photographer of the group.



I kinda wish I was like this little girl below... she was so light that when she let go of the wall she started to float up... until her mom could pull her back to the ground. Now that is my kind of climbing.



All joking aside I really enjoyed myself, and am going to look for a climbing place in the Bay Area. It was a great work out, and a lot of fun to do with friends. I just wish I wasn't such a wuss...and wasn't so sore today. I can't grip anything... and can't lift either. Holy poop I'm tired!

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Love that you're regular again. Fibre?

Jaggers Brain said...

I guess visiting family has been a bit more adventurous than everyday life. So in a way fibre???

SamieeDee said...

Bahahahaha I love when you and I try new physical things like this! I went rock clibking last November and it was sooo fun!

Liz said...

I love rock climbing, even though I've only done it a few times. But I have like, NO upper body strength, so I always end up just standing there and rubbing my arms after a while. =)

Jaggers Brain said...

Liz...I know you commented...and I don't know where that comment went. But yes I did a lot of standing around rubbing my arms. My Aunt Colleen laughed at me last night because it hurt to wave to her. I think she waved at me on purpose...knowing it would hurt to wave back. ha haha