Friday, August 20, 2010

Moment of Peace

So as you can see this week has been a bit stinky. I have been in a bad mood and just not fun to be around. Well yesterday when I got home, I decided to splurge on a Dr Pepper. I was wanting to wallow and wanted to do it with a giant DP.

So after going to the gas station near my house I decided to go for a walk on my usual running path. I brought my camera and decided to take some pictures if I saw anything I liked.

The Lord really blessed me with peace and joy as I walked by myself along this quiet street. I'm grateful for the tender mercy of peace... of stillness, and I was grateful for the opportunity to have the evening to myself.

On a good note I ran into someone from the ward who wondered if I wanted a ride to the Salt Lake Temple tomorrow morning for ward temple day. I said yes I would love a ride. And I am so excited to spend time in the Lord's house tomorrow. I need some closeness, peace, and comfort from my Heavenly Father.






This picture made me laugh, in a non blasphemous way... I like that there was a pillar of light with me. And I think it looks cool in the picture.





2 comments:

SamieeDee said...

AWE!!! SWERA! I am glad you had such an inspiring, claming,peaceful evening! You needed it after you where bombarded with crap this week! Love this pics! They are amazing!!!

Annie McNeil said...

First off, BEAUTIFUL photos. I can't wait to see what you create in England.

Second, I'm so glad for your experience of peace. I know just what you're talking about. I love you.

Seriously, you amaze and inspire me, Sarah. I can't wait to share a home with you again.