Friday, May 22, 2009

Books are Awesome!



Oh my gosh.... I just have to write about how amazing this book is. I mean I won't give anything away, but I absolutely loved loved loved this book. I heard about this book by seeing one of the previews for the movie. And whenever I know a book is based on a movie, I try to read the book before seeing the movie.

So I looked for this book everywhere, and they were sold out everywhere, so I finally bought it on amazon (my new addiction) and tried to wait patiently for it to come. Then I had to decide whether or not I would finish the Chronicles of Narnia series before reading the book. Well I was really struggling with the Narnia books. I know they are suppose to be amazing, but I'm finding the Silver Chair really boring. I mean I loved the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and I only have two more to go, but I'm struggling. So I decided to put them aside and read the books I'm really excited about first.

Well this book did not disappoint. It caught me in the first chapter, and I just followed the journey of the characters. I really loved it. It was written from each of the characters points of view, which was incredible. The story was beautiful. The ethical questions it brought up were amazing. And most of all I believed it and loved it, and accepted it. I really started to think these people were real, and their struggle was real.

I really would recommend this book to anyone. Of course it is an easier read, and so for all my English major friends, this will be easy, but I really think you will love it. And as for the movie. I am so so excited. If it follows the book pretty well this will be an incredible movie!


I don't know how to download movies on to the blog yet. (I just mastered pictures.) So here is the link to the preview for the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdZZLdjBfCI

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey, this rocks. =) Jodi Piccoult has a bajillion books on the market, and I've never read any of her before. I need a fairly easy but interesting read for the long weekend before I start to re-read "The Great Gatsby" for class on Thursday. If I can find it, maybe I'll check this one out! Good timing, Jagger. (And if I can't find this one, I'll go to that wonderful website "Goodreads" and check out friends' shelves there...greatest new website ever.)