Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goal Setting

“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”
– ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD
TALK GIVEN TO SALT LAKE AREA YOUNG ADULTS,
OCT. 18, 1981
(Preach My Gospel, Chapter 8)

Okay so recently I have decided that my life was to stagnant. I didn't like that I wasn't progressing, and too scared to move forward, for fear of failure. I came to realize that in not doing anything I was failing.. failing to reach my potential, and failing to truly live my life. I didn't think I was a big worrier, but somehow over the last year I became a massive worrier, and became way too boring for my own good. So I decided to set some goals.... and here is how they are going...

Get my motorcycle license: Finished the course, and got a 99%. So all I need to do is take the written test at the DMV, and then I will have my license!

Buy a Motorcycle: Done the research, and now need to go to the bank, and dealerships!

Become an EMT: Enrolled at UVU.

I am feeling so good about the direction my life is taking. I don't know if I will succeed in all of my goals... but good heavens, I am going to give it my best effort!

Now the only goal that I am failing at, is being more social in my ward. I really know I should but I just can't get myself to be an active participant of the ward... any ideas?

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yay Jagger! I'm excited for you to become the best motorcycle-riding, life-saving gal you can be! I'm so excited to hear you enrolled at UVU to become an EMT -- you are so good at that kind of thing. You've got healing hands and a clear head. There are very few people in the world for whom that comes naturally -- to be able to care enough to want to help, but keep a clear head enough to actually do so. That's a great gift. I'm so glad you've been there for all of us in all of our injuries and ailments...I don't know what we woulda done without you.

I need to become a little more social in my ward, too. A handful of my roommates are new freshmen and still enthusiastic about...everything. I found that attending FHE is a big helper to me. I usually end up having a lot of fun and it's a good way to meet new people. And once you KNOW people, socializing comes naturally. Good luck.

Hey guess what. I'm going to see you TOMORROW.